I know what works for me: pre-planned non-negotiables. (Also compound-hyphenations and writing at a coffee shop with a latte and an orange-cranberry scone.)
What does that have to do with anything? Well, when you know what works for you, it’s easier to proceed. With the above comment in mind, I can set myself up for success and achieve my goals for 2017. I’ve already scheduled quarterly reviews into my calendar to check in on my progress:
- April 1 (Saturday)
- July 1 (Saturday)
- September 30 (Saturday)
- December 30 (Saturday)
If you take nothing else away from this post, take this strategy and implement it for yourself. Quarterly reviews to check in with yourself.
(Actually, I’m thinking about ending my post right here so this is the only possible take-away.)
Naw, I couldn’t do it! I’m too excited to share my goals with you.
Every year I try something slightly different in regards to my goal-setting. This year I’ve decided to get ambitious. I know that I am driven by having goals, and I know that if I set my mind to something, I accomplish it. So I’m testing myself this year by going bigger than I ever have before.
I’ve divided my goals into 8 broad categories. (I know, it seems like a lot to me, too. Go big or go home. (If you don’t have a home, then you only have one choice.))
Each category has several specific goals attached to it that I can measure and track, in order to tell if I’m reaching the big goal.
Take a gander…
1. Grow my entrepreneurial business
I’m excited to make my business thrive!
- New business cards by January 31
- Create/revise website with core offerings by April 1
- Set up e-newsletter system by May 1
- Have 3 premium clients by November 1
2. Deepen my connections with friends, family, and partner
I’m excited about connecting more deeply with the people in my life!
- Talk to everyone on my list at least once by December 24 (I have a list of people who I would like to stay/be in touch with. You can either wait for a call, or help me out and call me first!)
- Participate in February LetterMo
- Have a heart-to-heart with my partner once a month
- Read John Maxwell: “Everybody Communicates, Few Connect” by April 1
- Host 3 gatherings of friends/acquaintances/colleagues by December 31
3. Look and feel physically healthy
I’m excited to look at myself naked in the mirror and wonder who that sexy lady is! Seriously, I’m happy to say that I already love my body, but I want to be strong for volleyball and snowboarding, and continue to feel whole and energetic through my entire being!
- A variety of exercise programs and challenges throughout the year
- Utilize new gym membership, 3 days/week
- Jillian Michaels’ “6 week, 6 pack” workout program
- Finish all 10 pole classes
- Insanity workout challenge
- Daily running on the beach
- Volleyball twice a week
- Rock climbing
- Cross Fit
- Use $100 gym gift card
- 4 week-long restriction diets, one per quarter, no sugar or refined carbs
4. Pursue passion projects
I’m excited to dedicate time to express myself this year!
- Do a daily painting challenge in January
- 24 blog posts, averaging 2/month
- Write a 50,000+ word novel in November
- Publish novel by December 31
5. Travel often
I’m looking forward to all the trips I’m going to take in 2017! I love to travel!
- Tahoe (January)
- LA—Message to Money Live (February)
- Cameroon (March)
- North Dakota (June)
- Backpacking/overnight camping trip (July)
- Meeting with Master minders (August)
- Ind’Scribe (October 12-15)
- UP (December)
6. Invest in personal growth and development
I’m excited to learn from others, develop new ideas, and improve my skills!
- Continue weekly mastermind
- Message to Money Live
- Ind’Scribe (or other writing workshop or retreat)
- Attend monthly Central Coast Writers meeting at least 8 times
7. Make room for soul connection and self care
I’m excited to pamper myself!
- 2 three-day weekend personal self retreats, one before June and one after June
- 4 massages or spa visits, at least one per quarter
- 3 wellness appointments with emotion code or other practitioners
- Daily gratefulness practice
- Establish a no-phone day the first Saturday of every month
8. Build up financial security
I’m excited to have more money!
- Cut up 2 credit cards by April 1
- $10,000 in savings by October 1
- Pay off car loan by August 1
What are your goals for 2017? Are you excited about them?
If you need help fleshing them out or turning them into measurable action items, I can help!
Sign up for my “Exceed Beyond Your Wildest Expectations” Introductory Coaching Session. We will create a crystal clear vision for how you want 2017 to go. We will uncover hidden challenges that may be sabotaging your ability to stick to your goals. And you will leave the session renewed, re-energized, and inspired to finally achieve your goals faster and easier than ever before.
Are you ready to have a rockin’ New Year? I am!
You might also like: