We made it to February! What can we look forward to this month?
- Many birthdays: Martin’s, Lorene’s, Brian’s, Caroline’s (and all the rest of you–Happy Birthday!)
- A week in Tsaghkadzor, learning about project design management (I get to see other Americans again!)
- Starting classes back up at the college (What? Work???)
- Valentine’s Day (I love you!)
- Leap Day (Yay, an extra day of Peace Corps service!)
- Me taking a trip out of Armenia (It is seriously time for a vacation)
Mary Robinette Kowal has a simple challenge for you, with her Month of Letters Challenge.
- In the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day it runs. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture, or a cutting from a newspaper, or a fabric swatch.
- Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.
Yes, I am going to do it. On the one hand, I hate to ruin the surprise, for those of you I have already planned to send something to. On the other hand I wanted to open it up to you, to get in on this. Join in on the fun! Let’s flood the postal systems with mail! Let’s correspond like people used to, just for a month. Let’s see how creative we can get.
Email me your address if you want to take advantage of the fact that I will be mailing many letters this month. Please use this email address: bevelynsue [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Then obsessively check your mail box. But be warned, although I will mail your letter in February, it may not actually arrive for several months!
Or leave a comment to get my address, if you want to try this, too.
Happy letter writing and sending!
You might also like: